Activity 2: As an island nation, New Zealand is completely surrounded by water. It is the perfect place for people who like to swim or to sail! While in Dargaville, recovering from your busy day of sightseeing, you notice a number sailboats going by. One of the boats is manned by a young German girl named Laura Dekker. At the age of fourteen she sailed around the world the entire world by herself. You can watch a short video clip about her adventures here: Laura Dekker sailing trip.
Let’s imagine that you had the chance to interview Laura while in Dargaville. On your blog post five questions that you would ask her.
My 5 Questions I would ask Laura Dekker.
1. What inspired you to do solo sailing?
2. When was your first time you sailed?
3. How many places have you sailed to?
4. Where are you going to sail next?
5. Would you give up sailing?