Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Day 5: One step at a time Activity 1

Winter Learning Journey (100% Pure New Zealand)


Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.
Instructions:
For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest...
Where the story left off....
To my surprise, I turned around to realise that the group and curious Kiwi is nowhere to be found. Feelings of anxiety began to fill my head as I walked through the unfamiliar forest. The only thing I could see was thousands of trees and mountains and a river nearby. Luckily it was sunny though so I can see. I soon started to scream out to them but the only reply I got was the eery sound of the wind. Chills soon started crawling up my spine as I heard a horrific scream. I suddenly started to run, on the corner of my eye, I saw a black figure which seemed to be following me. I then sprinted but it seemed like it was trying to catch me. I then bolted across the forest, I just looked at where I was going because I was too afraid to look back to see. I came to a halt, tired and exhausted, I ran behind a tree to take a rest. Now it was quiet. It was so silent that the only thing I could hear was the sounds of a cricket. In a distance, I could hear footsteps. It sounded like a whole army. Suddenly they stopped. I closed my eyes hoping they wouldn't find me. The person who was following me started walking towards my direction. I tucked into a ball closing my eyes thinking this was a dream. Then someone touched my shoulder. I slowly looked up, it was Curious Kiwi and the group. I sighed with relief. Finally I was safe again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Falakiko,

    You have presented creative writing. I'm impressed! I love the way you used interesting words to make your story sound very real. My favorite sentence was 'Chills soon started crawling up my spine as I heard a horrific scream.' How surreal is that? So cool, I love it!

    I look forward to reading more fantastic work Falakiko!

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete