Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Day 5: One step at a time Bonus Activity

Winter Learning Journey (100% Pure New Zealand)

Bonus Activity: You and your tour group have enjoyed your day in the mountains but you’re ready for a change of scenery. You ask Curious Kiwi to take you to Central Otago, a region of the south island with lots of rolling hills and flat, brown grasslands. While in Central Otago, you decide to join the Otago Central Rail Trail – a 150 km long cycle trail. Curious Kiwi and I (Rachel) cycled the Rail Trail in April and we loved it!

On your blog, tell us whether you would like to cycle the Otago Rail Trail one day. Does it sound like fun? Why or why not?

What I think.....
I think I would like to cycle the Otago trail one day.
Reason why:
I just think that cycling in Otago trail sounds like fun, and also, I would want to explore the beautiful environment. I would want to race some people and just have a fun time outdoors.

Fun Facts:

  • The Otago trail is 150,000m
  • The construction of the Otago trail began in 1879 and reached Middlemarch in 1891. 16 years later the Otago trail was finished in 1907.
  • The trail is used by 10,000-12,000 users per year as a conservative estimate (14,000 in other estimates) and up to 80,000 further (mostly local) users of part sections





1 comment:

  1. Falakiko, you have made a great choice. I would also love to cycle the Otago trail rail one day as well. My friends have told me that, the scenery of the South Island is just as beautiful as the North Island.

    Aotearoa, is such a beautiful place to explore. I really hope to you get the opportunity to do this one day.

    Best of luck,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete