Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Day 7: Keep New Zealand Beautiful Bonus Activity

Winter Learning Journey (100% Pure New Zealand)

Bonus Activity: On your blog, post a video or write a description of your week. What have you learned? What did you like about the trip? What didn’t you like? Was there anything that surprised you?

To earn full points for this activity, you must talk about what you learned, what you liked and what you liked about your great kiwi road trip.
My Description about this week of Learning:
Q1. What did I learn?
Through the past days, I have learnt a lot about New Zealand's History and about the things that make New Zealand our home. I also learnt about Shag point by using a poem to express how I felt and what I saw using my 5 senses. I was quite surprised when I found out that a 16-year-old sailed through the Pacific sea all by herself.
Q2. What I liked about the trip?
The thing I loved the most about the trip was when I went to Rangitoto. The reason why was because I have never been to Rangitoto, it was my first experience there, it was a place where I could be active. I also loved the Karekare beach. I loved it because I could feel soft smooth sand squish between my toes and because of the feeling of the warm sunny breeze.
Q3. What I disliked about the Trip?
The thing I disliked about the trip was when I was lost in the forest. I had no phone, no speaker's or anything to help me. I was very scared when I was being chased, realising it was the group and Curious Kiwi who was looking for me.

New Zealand is Beautiful ain't it. Let's keep it clean to keep it Beautiful. Love the Land.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Falakiko,

    I have enjoyed reading your response about your Journey through New Zealand. I see you talked about some favorite places and new learning that developed while you were exploring Aotearoa. I was really captured by your last response about getting lost in the forest. As you mentioned having limited resources like a phone or speaker, it is always important to remember your phone number and address in case you get lost so that you can reach the nearest person, shop or police for help.

    Thank you for sharing your fabulous review about your learning experience. I hope you have enjoyed learning interesting facts about New Zealand.

    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Falakiko,

    I'm reading your blog from my home in Canada. It's fun to read about what you've learned about your beautiful country through this blogging program, and to learn what would frighten you. I'd be frightened if I got lost in a forest too! It actually happened to me when I was a teenager, walking through a forest as the sun began to set and it started to get dark. I had trouble finding the pathway, all the trees looked the same and I couldn't see the sun to help me find the direction in which I should be walking. So... I stopped for a while, and then struck a path ahead by aiming at a tree off in the distance. I kept doing that until, fortunately, I ended up coming to a road. Then I knew where I was and I walked home safely. It was a scary experience and it taught me to always travel with a compass in my pocket so that, if I got turned around, I could figure out how to go in the direction of home. A good lesson learned!

    I hope you'll have a chance to travel and see all of your beautiful country in the years to come! And I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your school break!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete